Facebook is a great place to start or participate in online communities based around your interior design service. Use Facebook as one of the ways to increase your business.
BUT “What are the pitfalls?”. “What mistakes do interior designers make?”
1. Facebook Groups: These are a way to communicate with people with like-minded interests, join the same groups that your customers might or start your own group. The problems here are that you end up talking to your competitors or trawling through voluminous amounts of irrelevant comments and receiving lots of spam. The mistake is to join too many groups that are not really relevant to your business intentions.
2. Vanity URL. One common mistake here is NOT obtaining a vanity URL for your business on Facebook. What is a vanity URL? Well ours is http://www.facebook.com/kothea , you want one like that.
3. You are foresighted enough to write a blog to support your business. However you copy and past your blog to your Facebook page (when you remember). Use Facebook apps to automate this process eg Social RSS
4. You do not clearly display your contact details. You do not have a ‘call to action’ throughout the page. Think what a visitor would want from you next…and provide it.
5. You only put text on your blog. Spruce it up with photos and videos if you can.
6. You only use Facebook. Use it in conjunction with other tools like Twitter.
7. Thinking it is the same as linkedin. It’s not. Facebook is a place where you will more likely be able to reach your customer base more easily.
- Pinterest and Customer Interest : Interior Designers Pin their Boards to the Wall (kothea.com)
- Who is the best interior designer in the world? in Europe? (kothea.com)
- Interior Designers – What Should I write About On My Blog (kothea.com)
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire an Interior Designer (kothea.com)
- How do you explain INTERIOR DESIGN to a 6 year old boy? (kothea.com)
- The Business Bible For Interior Designers (kothea.com)