Interior Designers increasingly understand the need to reach at least part of their target market through online search results.
With that in mind I have been looking through a few search terms that potential customers of interior designers might use. Unsurprisingly lots of interior designers popped up.
But one thing that I noticed was that VERY few of you were making use of video.
I know it takes a long time to do these things to a reasonable degree of quality but I would suggest it is worth it.
The reason being that Kelly Hoppen popped up again and again. She is obviously a renowned interior designer of the first degree BUT she also appreciates the importance of PR to her new business generation activities. The internet is not much more than PR … just the digital kind.
Why did Kelly appear? Well google doesn’t favour her over you, that much is true. Google does not think that she is better than you. However Google DOES put more emphasis sometimes on non textual information eg pictures and videos. So her video (above) popped up. When you go and check it out, YOUTUBE takes you through lots more of her videos. Before I knew it I had spent 15 minutes looking at her work and hearing her views.
Now if you go to your web site designer and ask them to talk to your ISP and get the stats for YOUR web site, you will probably find that the average visitor spends MUCH less than one minute on your site.
Food for thought.
- The Business Bible For Interior Designers (kothea.com)
- How do you explain INTERIOR DESIGN to a 6 year old boy? (kothea.com)
- Interior Designers – Where are my customers? (kothea.com)
- Interior Designers and their financially lucrative ‘bit on the side’ (kothea.com)
- Interior Designers – What Should I write About On My Blog (kothea.com)
- Who is the best interior designer in the world? in Europe? (kothea.com)