Crushed Velvet – something a bit different from one of our new 2010 Velvets. One of the advantages of many velvets is their suitability for many uses including upholstery, panelling, cushions and curtains. Our new Crushed Velvet is no exception with a Martindale of over 40,000 for a 145cm wide fabric. (See also Martindale vs. Wyzenbeek for an explanation of the difference)
Our Crushed Velvet design comes in 12 colourways. Each colourway is a two-tone colour mix some mixes are similar such as pink+red whereas others more contrasting like the purple+green (shown). The composition is a cotton mix.
The unique texture and colourways make this a striking fabric useful as a highlight to any luxury scheme.
- Mohair Velvet, Silk Velvet: How to upholster using it (kothea.com)
- Silk Velvet Production Problems (kothea.com)
- Vicuna Silk Velvet (Vicugna) – Better Than Cashmere Silk Velvet? (kothea.com)
- Black Velvet – Even Better Italian Silk Velvet In Black (kothea.com)
- Blue Velvet: Oh So Sexy (apartmenttherapy.com)